For a mid-sized metro area, Springfield, Missouri, has a long-standing economic growth record that’s not only respectable, but also, enviable.
- Springfield’s gross metro product has grown more than 50% in the last decade.
- Springfield is the economic hub of an area that spans 27 counties in Missouri and Arkansas and encompasses more than 1 million people.
- We’re ranked by 24/7 Wall Street as third in the top five American cities for job growth.
- The Springfield metro workforce has grown more than 9.8 % in the past 10 years.
- We weathered the recession and came out strong with a remarkably low unemployment rate of 6.2% as of July 2013, compared to 7.7% nationwide.
- In 2012, our Greene County population grew by 14.5%, while neighboring Christian County remains the fastest growing county in Missouri, with a whopping growth rate of more than 40%.
As the third-largest city in Missouri, Springfield is a thriving and energetic metropolitan area that’s the perfect incubator for a wealth of industries and jobs. Grow in your career and come grow with us!